Top Software Companies In India
Outsourcing software development services to firms in India can help organizations cut costs without sacrificing quality. So, are you searching for a team of qualified developers in India? Look no further! We researched the best custom software development companies in India, based on cost, expertise, experience, and more. Check out the top three agencies below.
Techuz InfoWeb is a top-rated website development agency located in India. As a top-rated IT company, they utilize emerging technologies to develop and execute polished software solutions to businesses around the world. They align each project with the client's individual objectives and their specified market to ensure success.
Terasol Technologies offers clients forward-thinking software solutions that will help them surpass their competition and maintain a lead within their market. The agency's success is powered by their innate desire to challenge their expertise, continually improve, and drive meaningful digital results to clients.
Voyant Consultancy Services
Voyant Consultancy Services is an India-based software development firm. They offer customized software solutions that suit each client's specific requirements and cost constraints. By using effective design tools, Voyant Consultancy Services can develop creative designs that captivate consumers.
Top Software Development Companies In India - 2020 Rankings
Now that you've viewed the top three development firms in India, check out the full list of the best software development companies in India.
|Company||Website||Location||Team Size||Average Rate||Minimal Budget|
|1. Techuz InfoWeb||https://www.techuz.com||India||50 - 99||$20/hr||$1,000+|
|2. Terasol Technologies||https://www.terasoltechnologies.com||New York||Under 49||$50/hr||$10,000+|
|3. Voyant Consultancy Services||http://www.voyantcs.com||India||50 - 99||$35/hr||Inquire|
|4. CredibleSoft||https://crediblesoft.com||India||50 - 99||$22/hr||$1,000+|
|5. Peerbits||https://www.peerbits.com||India||100 - 249||$25/hr||$10,000+|
|6. Tudip||https://tudip.com||California||250 - 499||$15/hr||$1,000+|
|7. Decipher Zone Softwares||https://decipherzone.com||India||50 - 99||$10/hr||Under $1,000|
|8. Tvisha Technologies Pvt LTD||https://www.tvisha.com||India||100 - 249||$10/hr||Inquire|
|9. Cabot Technology Solutions Inc.||https://www.cabotsolutions.com||Illinois||100 - 249||$30/hr||Inquire|
|10. Techmango Technology Services||https://www.techmango.net||India||100 - 249||$25/hr||Under $1,000|
|11. Prishusoft||https://www.prishusoft.com||India||Under 49||$20/hr||$1,000+|
|12. Website Developers India||https://www.wdipl.com||India||Under 49||$10/hr||$1,000+|
|13. iPrism Technologies||https://www.iprismtech.com||India||100 - 249||$15/hr||$1,000+|
|14. Sphinx Solutions||https://www.sphinx-solution.com||India||50-99||$18/hr||$1,000+|
|15. Wisitech InfoSolutions Pvt. Ltd.||https://www.wisitech.com||India||50-99||$25/hr||$1,000+|
|16. Dean Infotech||https://www.deaninfotech.com||India||100 - 249||$10/hr||Under $1,000|
|17. Thanks Creation9||https://thankscreation9.com||India||Under 49||$25/hr||Under $1,000|
|18. World Web Technology||https://www.worldwebtechnology.com||India||50-99||$18/hr||Under $1,000|
|19. IDS Logic Pvt. Ltd.||https://www.idslogic.com||India||50-99||$25/hr||$1,000+|
|20. iShore Software Solutions||https://www.ishoresoftware.com||India||Under 49||$5/hr||Under $1,000|
|21. Vyrazu Labs||https://www.vyrazu.com||India||Under 49||$20/hr||$1,000+|
|22. FATbit Technologies||https://www.fatbit.com||India||100 - 249||$30/hr||Under $1,000|
Why Outsource Software Development To India
India is the world’s biggest and one of the hottest IT hubs, consistently ranking among the top software outsourcing destinations.
India’s IT sector is expected to reach $350 billion by 2025, with IT services outsourcing being a major contributor.
The reasons why India attracts international clients, both big and small, and huge foreign investment in their IT, specifically software, services are:
- Immense talent pool: Last year, the country counted about 2.75 million software professionals, and the number was expected to almost double by the end of 2018. Not only does the country have one of the largest IT talent pools, but it has the fastest growing one as well. As such, software companies in India have a quick access to the right talent which makes the onboarding process faster and more convenient than anywhere in the world.
- Something for everyone: With such an immense IT workforce, software companies in India can recruit any kind of talent they need - fresh graduates to seasoned professionals, low-skilled developers to the budding CEOs of Fortune 100 companies.
- Ivy-level education: While it is true that many of the public universities in India are in need of better access to modern learning facilities, the country also has some of the world’s most advanced public and private university programs, particularly in the field of IT. In fact, Google’s own Sundar Pichai studied at the renowned Indian Institute of Technology Madras which has produced numerous other international corporate leaders, entrepreneurs and professors at the Ivy League universities.
- Bilingual (English-speaking) workforce: As a result of their colonial past, India is a bilingual country and has one of the biggest concentrations of English-speaking populations in the world.
- Cost efficiency: A land of contradictions, India can be one of the most cost effective destinations in the world where software developers earn as little as $5 per hour, or it can be one of the most expensive, where highly skilled professionals and experts can command over $50 per hour. At the end of the day, as we said, there is something for everyone - and this is why the world looks to India for software development support.
Software Companies In India: How Do I Find the Right Software Development Partner For My Business
As we’ve established so far, software companies in India are not only too many to count, but also highly diverse in terms of specialization, types of services and cost.
Before looking at what the market has to offer, it is important to look inwardly, i.e. to determine your organization’s requirement and set allocate a provisional budget to your software offshoring venture.
Laying The Groundwork For Outsourcing To India: Set Your Expectations
The first step to outsourcing should always be to clearly define your requirements.
- What is it that you need help with? Some of the most frequently outsourced tasks are end-to-end development, design, integrations, quality assurance and tech support.
- What type of services do you require? The two most common types of services are staff augmentation and project-based partnerships.
- Staff augmentation is a type of long-term collaboration whereby your software outsourcing partner in India employs and manages a dedicated team of software professionals that form an offshore part of your in-house team.
- Project-based partnerships are simply one-time collaborations with a software company in India for the purpose and duration of a successful delivery of your project.
- How complex is your solution, i.e. what level of expertise and competence does it require? Software companies in India take on different kinds of projects, from the simplest tasks such as static web development, to the most complex software solutions that require niche expertise or out-of-the-box approach.
- What type of expertise do you need? Some software companies in India will be highly specialized in AI, others in UI/UX, big data, IoT and myriad of other fields including robotics. Besides the technological expertise, think also of the level of familiarity your software development partner should have with your industry.
- How much of a time overlap would you prefer to have with your software development partner? Many software companies in India are willing to synchronize their work hours with international clients, but this comes at a higher cost.
Laying The Groundwork For Outsourcing To India: Set A Budget
Decide on a provisional budget for your software outsourcing project. Strive to include all costs associated with it from the actual development to the third-party fees, including transactions, subscriptions and travel (if applicable).
This is just a number that will keep you focused on your business goals and help you narrow down your search to the software companies in India that can provide the most value for your money.
Keep in mind that your budget is very likely to change by the time you sign a contract with your software development partner.
Screening Software Companies In India: Questions To Ask
You have decided on your requirement, set a provisional budget and filtered a few prospective software development partners accordingly.
Here are the questions that will help you identify the best software development partner in India for your business:
- How do you ensure that you recruit the best available talent? Considering how fierce the competition for the top IT talent is, the leading software companies in India strive to develop a recognizable brand in their local markets and a reputation of a “great place to work”.
- How do you combat the gender bias? Despite having access to the largest IT talent pool on Earth, even the software companies in India often struggle to find competent professionals, and gender bias is setting many of them back. This year Business Standard has reported that “unemployment among women engineers is 5 times that of men.” Your ideal software development partner will be conscious of this industry problem and think long-term, not allowing bias to stand in the way of finding great talent.
- How do you maintain low turnover rates? Retention is extremely important for building domain knowledge and smooth progress, but it is also one of the areas most software companies in India struggle with. Your ideal software development partner will know this and have well-thought of strategies in place to keep their staff happy and motivated.
- How do you help your staff evolve their skills and stay on top of the latest trends? Continuous access to training and professional development is extremely important for the quality and consistency of the company’s output.
- How do you ensure effective communication with your clients? The seasoned software companies in India know that communication is key to successful collaboration. They will have channels and processes in place to facilitate communication with their clients, grant transparency over the development process and streamline documentation.
And here are the questions to ask your prospective software development partner’s references:
- Have you outsourced software development, or this task in particular, to other software companies prior or after your collaboration with the company in question?
- How would you rate the quality of the company’s work (relative to your previous outsourcing experiences - if applicable)?
- How effective have they been in their communication with you and your staff?
- How transparent have they been during the collaboration?
- How efficiently have they dealt with requirement changes, setbacks and other unexpected changes?
- How would you have improved your collaboration?
- Have you any advice for our organization going into this partnership?
Software Engineer Salary In India: How Does It Inform The Cost Of Software Development
An average software engineers’ salary in software companies in India falls between Rs 15 and Rs 20 lakhs per year, with translated to $21-28k per year.
But this is far from the real picture.
As we’ve discussed, these rates can vary greatly, and you’ll find software companies in India that pay their non-senior developers as little $3,000 per year.
This directly translates to the rates that the companies charge for their services.
Some software companies in India will charge as little as $10 per person, per hour, while others will go over $50.
How Many Software Companies Are There In India?
There are over 1.9 million registered companies across all industries in India. However, not all of them are active nor are they based in the software industry.
Although it is hard to know the exact number of software companies in India, it’s safe to say the number is in the hundreds – if not thousands.
Additionally, the top software companies in India include:
- Tata Consultancy Services
- HCL Technologies
- Tech Mahindra
- Oracle Financial Services Software
- And more!
What Is The No. 1 Software Company In India?
Research says that Cognizant Technology Solutions may be the top-earning IT and software company in India. However, the best software company boils down to more than a quick sentence.
Instead, the number one software development company in India is a more personal choice – it is the firm that suits your particular needs. The software developers that are able to understand your brand, provide the skills needed for success, and can deliver results in a timely manner will be the best ones for your business.
Software Development in India: Who Should Outsource
It is easy to say that “any company can find their perfect software development partner in India,” and this is true, but it is not as easy to do so.
Companies that can arm themselves with patience and commit to a meticulous research before embarking on their India offshoring venture stand to gain a lot. Others would be taking on great risk instead.
The best place to start are the lists of carefully curated software companies in India, like the one we’ve put together above (↑), and go slowly screen each prospective partner until you are confident you have found the company that can help you reach your business goals.