Top PHP Development Companies
Our expert analysts have researched the top PHP development companies globally and ranked them based on their location, cost of services, client reviews, portfolio quality and other criteria. Here are the top three:
Digital Silk is a company that specialized in PHP development with the aim of providing clients with complete satisfaction with the software products they create. Their software package has elaborate wireframes and user-personas to map out well-performing interfaces. Their focus and attention to details drive their impressive end results and provide a superior user experience.
Global leader in the custom software development sector, Fingent specializes in PHP development and has worked on complex projects for enterprises as J&J and NEC. Fingent developers enterprise mobility solutions, offers business technology consulting, Custom applications and data analytics and visualization.
Best PHP Developers Of 2020
Now that you've seen our top PHP development companies, take a look at the full list. Find the leading PHP experts that develop high-quality solutions for clients nationally and worldwide, and across industries.
|Company||Website||Location||Team Size||Average Rate||Budget Range|
|1. Digital Silk||https://www.digitalsilk.com||Florida||50 - 99||$125/hr||$10,000+|
|2. Syberry Corporation||https://www.syberry.com||Texas||250 - 499||$40/hr||$50,000+|
|3. Fingent||https://www.fingent.com||New York||250 - 499||$49/hr||$25,000+|
|4. itCraft||https://itcraftapps.com||Poland||Under 49||$50/hr||$25,000+|
|5. Apiumhub||https://apiumhub.com||Spain||Under 49||$60/hr||$10,000+|
|6. ICON Worldwide||https://www.icon-worldwide.com||Switzerland||Under 49||$50/hr||$10,000+|
|7. Idea||http://www.idea.lt||Lithuania||Under 49||$50/hr||$1,000+|
|8. Onilab||https://onilab.com||California||Under 49||$37/hr||Inquire|
|9. Applaudo Studios||https://applaudostudios.com||Texas||100 - 249||$75/hr||$10,000+|
|10.CognitiveClouds||https://www.cognitiveclouds.com||California||100 - 249||$25/hr||$25,000+|
|11. The Provato Group||https://www.theprovatogroup.com||Ohio||Under 49||$100/hr||$1,000+|
|12. IIH Global||https://www.iihglobal.com||United Kingdom||Under 49||$20/hr||$1,000+|
|13. Decipher Zone Softwares||https://decipherzone.com||India||50 - 99||$10/hr||Under $1,000|
|14. DotLabel UX||https://www.dotlabel.co.uk||United Kingdom||Under 49||$150/hr||$25,000+|
|15. Visualwebz||https://visualwebz.com||Washington||Under 49||$99/hr||$1,000+
|16. SmartSites||https://www.smartsites.com||New Jersey||50-99||$100/hr||Inquire|
|17. Spiral Scout||https://spiralscout.com||California||Under 49||$75/hr||$25,000+|
|18. ArtVersion Interactive||https://artversion.com||Illinois||Under 49||$165/hr||$10,000+|
|19. Aurora Digital||https://www.auroradigital.eu||Finland||Under 49||$80/hr||$10,000+|
|20. Techliance||https://www.techliance.com||Utah||Under 49||$20/hr||$1,000+|
|21. CodeRiders||http://www.coderiders.am||Armenia||Under 49||$25/hr||$1,000+|
|22. Web Design Sun®||https://www.webdesignsun.com||Spain||Under 49||$30/hr||$1,000+
|23. Clarion Technologies||https://www.clariontech.com||New York||250 - 499||Inquire||Inquire|
|24. Tudip||https://tudip.com||California||250 - 499||$15/hr||$1,000+|
|25. Voyant Consultancy Services||http://www.voyantcs.com||India||50 - 99||$35/hr||Inquire|
|26. Maocular Tech Expert||https://www.maocular.org||Nigeria||Under 49||$200/hr||$1,000+|
|27. PROGMATIQ||https://progmatiq.com||Poland||Under 49||$50/hr||$1,000+|
|28. Kroon Studio||http://www.kroonstudio.com||Serbia||Under 49||$40/hr||$10,000+|
|29. Attract Group||https://attractgroup.com||Nevada||Under 49||$35/hr||$10,000+|
|30. Capital Numbers||https://www.capitalnumbers.com||India||250 - 499||$15/hr||Under $1,000|
|31. Donatix||https://donatix.net||Bulgaria||Under 49||$40/hr||$1,000+|
What Is A PHP Development Company?
A PHP development firm specializes in developing secure and functional PHP solutions that facilitate business growth.
They help businesses of all sizes and industries to transform with robust custom development services by combining the latest technologies with their expertise.
In 2018, there were 5.5 million PHP developers around the world and because of the high demand for PHP development services, the number is constantly increasing.
What Do The Top PHP Development Companies Do?
A typical PHP development firm has a team that shares different qualities, skills and responsibilities.
Some typical tasks that every PHP software developer executes include:
- Design, implement and maintain all stages of PHP apps
- Develop, implement, test and maintain application software
- Build technical designs for app development and code for PHP programs
- Take part in the software development activities of the software development team
- Analyze, program, test, and debug software as needed
- Identify both production and non-production issues for the applications
- Convert software requirements into specifications
- Endorse improvements and changes in the software
Of course, a PHP developer will be more skilled at one thing than another, but if you can find a PHP development company whose developers cover all these areas well enough, that’s a good sign.
What Is PHP Web Development And Why Is It One Of The Most Sought-After PHP Services?
PHP web development is the development of websites and web applications written with the PHP programming language.
It is one of the most popular and most commonly used development options because it is reliable, secure and much faster than other languages.
The main reasons why most businesses opt for PHP websites are their enhanced performance, compatibility with major operating systems and flexibility.
How Much Do PHP Development Services Cost?
The cost of the top PHP development companies mostly depends on the following factors:
- The size of the project
- The timeframe of the project
- The company’s seniority and expertise
The top PHP development companies around the globe offer different rates.
For instance, a North American PHP developer commands some of the highest rates on the global market, while those from Asia and Africa tend to command the lowest.
Here’s an overview of how much top PHP development companies will cost you in different parts of the world:
- North American PHP development firms charge $95-$170 per hour.
- PHP developers in Central and South America charge $30-$50 per hour.
- PHP software development firms in Eastern Europe charge between $25-$50 per hour.
- Top PHP development companies based in Asia and Africa charge between $18-$40 per hour.
Don’t take the disparity in the cost per hour fool you. That does not have to be indicative of a PHP developer’s skill level.
In fact, some of the best PHP developers love abroad where the cost of living is much lower than in the West and, therefore, they command lower prices.
This is one of the reasons why outsourcing is increasing in popularity. You can get highly qualified PHP developers for a fraction of what their colleagues in the United States would cost you, simply because one is living in New York and the other in Kyiv, for example.
Why Hire A PHP Development Firm?
Research shows that 83% of all web services are written in PHP. In fact, big-name brands ranging from Slack to Spotify use PHP to power their digital platforms.
So, if you find yourself wondering why you need a PHP development company, first take a moment to realize the benefits of building a website on PHP:
- As an open-source framework, it can help keep your business under-budget.
- PHP tends to reuse lines of code, which shortens development time.
- It is easy to integrate other platforms, such as Windows, Linux, and macOS.
- PHP-based websites are easy to scale and grow in conjunction with a business.
- And more
What’s more, PHP is also an open-source language. So, unlike other popular languages, you don’t have to wait for its next version release.
Your PHP developer will continually update and maintain your website to keep it up-to-date and meet your requirements. This is why counting on such a partner is necessary.
The Top Advantages Of Partnering With PHP Development Companies
Many programming languages ebb and flow in popularity. One moment, every software developer from New York to Tokyo is using a writing code with a particular language, and the next no one seems to remember how to write a simple syntax.
Just look at where BASIC, PASCAL, or ALGOL were in the 1980s and where they are now.
But one programming language is here to stay.
That, of course, is PHP, or PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor.
There are 39,191,714 live websites written in PHP.
In fact, since inception, PHP has gone through a number of versions. Currently, around 62% of all websites that use PHP are powered by version 5, although the newer version 7 is gaining on it with a 37.5% share. Older versions, like 3 and 4 are rarely used anymore and are no longer supported.
Version 8 should see the light of day somewhere in Q4 2020 or Q1 2021.
And, considering the fact that WordPress is powered by PHP, it seems the future of this language is guaranteed and, with it, the future of PHP developers.
But PHP’s capabilities span far beyond WordPress websites – and more PHP development firms know that.
Although other programming languages may have additional features, PHP is the most widely used server-side programming language for website and web application development for a good reason.
Here are just a few of the biggest advantages of PHP development:
- It is compatible with all operating systems: Whether you are using Windows, macOS, Linux, Unix, Apache or MySQL, PHP will work flawlessly on it. That alone makes it ideal for cross-platform software development.
- It is rich in resources, tools, functionalities and documentation: From documentation tools to dependency managers and more, PHP has plenty to offer. There’s also an incredible amount of documentation available online that addresses every topic imaginable about PHP development that you can make use of.
- It is dynamic and flexible: PHP is an encrypted and highly secure programing language and this allows it to be very scalable. And if that’s not enough, it’s also one of the best languages out there for custom software development as you can easily combine it with various libraries, or write its code in any editor.
- It is free and open-source: PHP is also an entirely open-source and free language. That means it is more readily available so there shouldn’t be a lack of PHP developers to choose from. There’s a huge developer community dedicated to PHP out there.
How To Find The Right PHP Development Company For Your Business?
Finding the best PHP software development firm for your business is a time-consuming task.
Luckily, there are several factors that will help you determine if a PHP developer is the right one:
1. Types Of Servers
PHP developers have a diverse experience with server types, server sizes and the number of servers they have worked with at one time.
By examining the PHP development companies’ expertise and experience with your server type, you'll be more likely to find a partner who can successfully work on your site.
When it comes to server maintenance, it is often important that your PHP developers are in the vicinity of your premises.
Depending on your needs, it may make more sense to only vet PHP development companies who can visit the office, speak your language or work similar business hours.
However, sometimes brands prefer to outsource their PHP development near or offshore due to the lower cost of services and the different talents who are always in tune with the latest trends in PHP development.
All in all, it is important that top PHP development companies have the expertise needed to develop and execute the software solutions you need.
To help you out, we rounded up a list of the best PHP developers of 2020 - all carefully vetted according to our numerous selection criteria. Scroll up to view the list.
To examine each PHP development company, focus on their:
- Quality of their past work
- PHP expertise
- Service and average project cost
- And more
Also, focus on the finer details.
If some of the agencies’ own websites are poorly developed, load slowly or have other issues, they aren’t very likely to do much better for you, are they?
Do leave some room for redemption, however. Check out the PHP development provider’s past work and client reviews.
Also, reach out to their clients yourself to hear what they have to say.
Another hugely important factor in selecting the right PHP development company for your business is what methodology they use. This will help you get the necessary info on how their PHP development project cycle usually looks like and if that is something that will work for you.
Interviewing A PHP Development Company: 10 Questions To Ask
- What PHP development services do you offer?
- What projects have you worked on? Can you show me some samples of your recent work?
- What framework do you use and what are the delivery models you offer?
- What kind of web platforms do you have experience with?
- Do you create mobile responsive websites?
- Who will work on my project and who will be the main point of contact?
- Will I be involved anyhow?
- What is the deadline for the project?
- How do you charge?
- Does the cost include SEO services?
Do you offer product testing and post-launch services?
How To Outsource PHP Web Development Successfully
Outsourcing PHP web development has become a global trend due to the popularity of this programming language.
And here are a few steps that will help you outsource PHP web development successfully:
- Sign a contract: A signed agreement between you and your PHP web development company will ensure that your partner delivers what they promise. So, before you sign the paper, go through every clause and make sure to include all the responsibilities and deliverables. Since software projects tend to be costly, consult your legal representative on the terms before entering the partnership.
- Establish open communication: Set up the communication channels, assign roles and streamline the communication process. This will be one of the pillars of your collaboration, so you want to ensure your information flow, your instructions, updates and reaction times are optimized.
- Use a project management tool: All experienced software development companies have their preferred project management tools, but most are willing to adopt the client’s preference. Ensure that you are comfortable with the tool you are using and your teams are fully trained and disciplined about it. This tool will give you transparency over your project, including progress and bottlenecks.
- Apply Agile methodologies: Agile methodologies will help you understand the nature of your project and the objectives you want to achieve. What’s more, they also allow you to keep track of the project's life cycle and establish a better working atmosphere with your developer.
- Pay attention to UX: User experience is one of the key factors in making your PHP product attractive and useful to your users Ask your PHP developer to provide you with workflow mock-up for approval and testing.
Additionally, think of outsourcing your development to a company that offers post-launch services as your website will require regular updates and maintenance.
The big question is, should you use PHP or some other programming language?
Due to its flexibility and compatibility with many operating systems, PHP is most often the right choice for businesses that need a website or web application.
What’s more, the fact that it is more reliable, faster and more secure make brands choose PHP development services over other programming languages.
So what makes PHP different (if not, better) from other programming languages?
PHP development is:
- Open-source, which means everyone can use it for free.
- Independent of any platform so you can run PHP on Windows, Linux, macOS, or cross-platform.
- Cloud-ready, so many Cloud Service Providers use it for hosting.