Top Enterprise Software Companies
Are you seeking custom enterprise software solutions to help your business scale and achieve peak performance? Our experts researched the best enterprise software development companies who can build large-scale solutions for organizations across all industries. Our top 3 enterprise software development firms include...
The Best Enterprise Software Development Companies Of 2019
Luckily, there are far more than just 3 qualified enterprise software development firms around the world. Check out our complete list below!
|Company||Website||Location||Team Size||Average Rate||Minimal Budget|
|1. Seamgen||https://www.seamgen.com||185 W F Street, Suite 700, San Diego, California 92101, United States||Under 49||$130/hr||$50,000 & Up|
|2. EMERGE||https://www.emergeinteractive.com||412 SW 12th Ave, Portland, Oregon 97205, United States||Under 49||$185/hr||$50,000 & Up|
|3. NaNLABS||https://www.nan-labs.com||2880 Zanker Road, #203, San Jose, CA , USA, San Jose, California 95134, United States||Under 49||$50/hr||$25,000 - $50,000|
|4. Dogtown Media||https://www.dogtownmedia.com||228 Main Street, Suite 4, Venice, California 90291, United States||Under 49||$140/hr||$50,000 & Up|
|5. itCraft s.c.||https://itcraftapps.com||1400 Coleman Ave, Santa Clara, California 95050, United States||Under 49||$50/hr||$25,000 - $50,000|
|6. fram^||https://wearefram.com||180 - 192, TNR Tower, Nguyen Cong Tru Street, Nguyen Thai Binh Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, 700000, Vietnam||100 - 249||Inquire||Inquire|
|7. Spiral Scout||https://spiralscout.com||1980 Washington St, Suite 405, San Francisco, California 94109, United States||Under 49||$75/hr||$25,000 - $50,000|
|8. Eight Bit Studios||https://eightbitstudios.com||350 W. Erie #300, Chicago, Illinois 60654, United States||Under 49||$185/hr||$25,000 - $50,000|
|9. Attract Group||https://attractgroup.com||2900 Meade Ave 5, Las Vegas, Nevada 89102, United States||Under 49||$35/hr||$10,000 - $25,000|
|10. 2muchcoffee||https://2muchcoffee.com||159 20th St., Brooklyn, NY, New York 11232, United States||Under 49||$40/hr||$10,000 - $25,000|
|11. Startup Development House||https://start-up.house||aleja Niepodległości 124/23, Warsaw, 02-577, Poland||Under 49||$40/hr||$10,000 - $25,000|
|12. Kroon Studio||http://www.kroonstudio.com||Kumanovska 14, Beograd, 011, Serbia||Under 49||$40/hr||$10,000 - $25,000|
|13. Focaloid Technologies||https://www.focaloid.com||One Gateway Center, Suite 2600, newark, New Jersey 07102, United States||50 - 99||$50/hr||$10,000 - $25,000|
|14. Apiumhub||https://apiumhub.com||Plaza Urquinaona 1, Principal 2a, Barcelona, 08010, Spain||Under 49||$60/hr||$10,000 - $25,000|
|15. Applaudo Studios||https://applaudostudios.com||Applaudo Studios 701 Brazos Street Austin, TX 78701 United States, Austin, Texas 78701, United States||100 - 249||$75/hr||$10,000 - $25,000|
|16. ICON Worldwide||https://www.icon-worldwide.com||Beethovenstr. 9, Zürich, 8002, Switzerland||Under 49||$150/hr||$10,000 - $25,000|
|17. Terasol Technologies||https://www.terasoltechnologies.com||#265, 6TH MAIN, 4TH CROSS, 2ND STAGE, BTM LAYOUT,, Bengaluru, 560076, India||Under 49||$50/hr||$10,000 - $25,000|
|18. Algoworks||https://www.algoworks.com||Plot No. C 28 & 29, Tower A, 5th Floor, Logix Cyber Park, Noida Sec62, 201301, India||100 - 249||$40/hr||Inquire|
|19. Norderbergs||https://norderbergs.com||Järnvägsgatan 6A, Visby, 62146, Sweden||Under 49||$75/hr||$1,000 - $10,000|
|20. Mega||http://themega.agency||11 S Angel St, Providence, Rhode Island 02906, United States||Under 49||$75/hr||$1,000 - $10,000|
|21. Appus Studio LP||https://appus.software||Alchevskih, 17, Kharkiv, 61000, Ukraine||Under 49||$27/hr||$1,000 - $10,000|
|22. Rubyroid Labs||https://rubyroidlabs.com||Platonava 20B-3 3rd Floor, Minsk, 220005, Belarus||Under 49||$35/hr||$1,000 - $10,000|
|23. StarNet Solutions||https://starnetsolutions.net||273 North Scott Drive, Chandler, Arizona 85225, United States||Under 49||$150/hr||$1,000 - $10,000|
|24. Techliance||https://www.techliance.com||12884 South Frontrunner Boulevard Suite 140, Draper, Utah 84020, United States||Under 49||$20/hr||$1,000 - $10,000|
|25. Onilab||https://onilab.com||18 Bartol street, San Francisco, California 94133, United States||Under 49||$37/hr||Inquire|
|26. Switch Software Solutions||https://switchsoftware.us||Agr. Fco. Ros 2780 Montevideo, Uruguay||50 - 99||$35/hr||$1,000 - $10,000|
|27. Visualwebz LLC||https://visualwebz.com||18106 169th SE, Renton, Washington 98058, United States||Under 49||$99/hr||$1,000 - $10,000|
|28. Tudip||https://tudip.com||1999, Bascom Ave Suite 700 Campbell, CA 95008, USA||250 - 499||$15/hr||$1,000 - $10,000|
|29. RGW IT SERVICES||https://www.rgwit.be||Sr. No. 241/3/A, Datta Mandir Road, Wakad, Pune, 411057, India|
Dreve Richelle 161 -H, Waterloo, 1410, Belgium
|Under 49||$45/hr||Under $1,000|
|30. CedCommerce||https://cedcommerce.com||3/460, First Floor, Vishwas Khand, Gomti Nagar, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh 226010, Lucknow, 226010, India||250 - 499||Inquire||Under $1,000|
|31. Decipher Zone Softwares||https://decipherzone.com||14/120, Amitek Building, Shipra path road, Mansarovar, Jaipur, 302020, India||50 - 99||$10/hr||Under $1,000|
What Is Enterprise Software?
Enterprise software is simply a software solution aimed at helping a brand, business or organization instead of an individual. Think of it simply as larger-scale software solutions.
Because enterprise software is aimed at organizations instead of individuals, it typically encompasses business-related tools. These include:
- Customer relationship management (CRM) systems: Enterprise-level applications that help companies improve relationships with their customers. CRMs can store authorized customer data, including birthdays, past communications with the brand, purchases and preferences, usually for the purpose of creating personalized experiences.
- Accounting and automatic billing systems: Recurring billing systems, along with accounting and invoicing, automate tedious and long manual processes.
- Procurement management: Procurement systems help businesses track, analyze and optimize organizational spend.
- Online payment processing: Mainly used by eCommerce businesses, online payment processing systems facilitate online monetary transactions.
- Human resource management: These systems help organizations on multiple levels of HR, from managing payroll, keeping employee data, tracking benefits, to managing recruitment.
- IT service management: IT service management systems help organizations manage the production environment.
- And more!
As you can see, enterprise software is anything but uniform. It is as varied as organizations’ business needs are.
What Are Enterprise Level Applications?
Enterprise software goes by many names, and enterprise level applications is one of them.
Here is the list of terms used as substitutes for enterprise software:
- Enterprise level applications
- Enterprise app
- Enterprise application software (EAS)
What Is Enterprise SaaS?
SaaS stands for "software-as-a-system," which is a manner of licensing and producing software solutions through cloud computing.
SaaS systems typically have a recurring subscription package and are usually not installed on computers individually. Instead, a third-party owns the software and distributes it to companies who want to use it.
Although SaaS systems are owned, hosted and provided by a third-party, SaaS developers can sometimes help to customize services or integrate the SaaS software with your existing solutions.
Enterprise SaaS is simply a software-as-a-service solution aimed at larger-scale businesses and organizations.
What Is An Example Of An Enterprise System?
You might be confused as to what "enterprise" software is in comparison with other forms of professional software that you've encountered. However, the reality is that you're probably thinking of the right thing.
Enterprise software is just a software solution geared toward businesses as a whole. Therefore, common examples of enterprise software systems include:
- Salesforce: Salesforce is a world-leading CRM platform. It is an example of enterprise software as its primary purpose is to help organizations (not individuals) build better relationships with their customers.
- HubSpot: Hubspot is an inbound marketing tool. It is an example of enterprise software because it is designed to help organizations improve their inbound marketing strategies.
- SAP: SAP is a business operations management platform, typically used as a poster example of enterprise software.
How To Choose The Right Enterprise Software Company For My Business
Whether looking locally or globally, the choice of enterprise software development companies can be overwhelming. For starters, almost any software company will be experienced and expert in building enterprise software solutions.
The first logical step to choosing an enterprise software company is to decide whether to onshore or offshore, i.e. to narrow your search down to your home market(s) or overseas.
There are pros and cons to both.
Local Enterprise Software Companies: Why Onshore Enterprise Software Development
Onshoring gives you more control over the development process. Being in the same time zone or a couple of hours apart makes meetings, both scheduled and impromptu ones, easier to manage. This may sound like a trivial advantage, but you would quickly learn just how important having such flexibility in communication is.
You know the language, you know the culture, you understand the business and legal systems and how these guarantee the protection of your organization.
Onshoring enterprise software development also gives you access to some of the best developers in the world, in tune with the latest trends and some even pioneering them.
But, this comes at a price. Hiring an enterprise software company in your home market will set you back for $100 per hour or more. This translates to project costs of $10,000-$50,000 depending on the scope.
Foreign Enterprise Software Companies: Why Offshore Enterprise Software Development
Offshoring, or outsourcing your enterprise software development abroad, comes with its own set of advantages and challenges.
The biggest advantage is cost. An increasing number of US startups and enterprises are offshoring their projects, mainly as a means of achieving business objectives at lower cost.
Another big reason for offshoring is to bridge the talent gap. Software professionals are in great demand worldwide, and most markets operate with talent scarcity in certain specializations. Offshoring is a great way around this as it opens the door to other talent pools.
The challenges of offshoring depend on the countries and enterprise software companies themselves. Here are a few key questions to consider when thinking about offshoring:
- Which countries can I outsource to?
- What is the time difference and how easy would it be to work around it?
- How proficient is their staff in English?
- How good are their communication skills?
- How well do I understand the culture?
- Have they developed a unique company culture and how would this gel with my organization?
- What is the political climate like and how would it affect my project?
- How reliable is their business environment?
- What protections would I enjoy under their legal system? What are their intellectual property (IP) laws like?
- What are the payment terms? What are the limitations imposed by their banking system?
- What do their other foreign clients have to say about working with them?
Looking to outsource a project to an enterprise software company?
Check out this step-by-step guide to software development outsourcing: How To Outsource Software Development Projects Successfully: A Step-By-Step Process
Screening Enterprise Software Companies: Questions To Ask Any Prospective Development Partner
Deciding whether to on or offshore enterprise software development is only the first step in choosing the right development partner.
This would assume that you have answered all the relevant questions; That you have assessed the business validity of your plan and covered all the contingencies of on, i.e. offshoring.
Now what remains to further narrow down you research to a few enterprise software companies in your target geography.
These questions will help you choose among them:
- How do they deliver their services? Enterprise software companies will usually offer project-based or continuous collaboration. A lot of them will prefer the latter, i.e. staff augmentation services whereby they build a dedicated team that acts as an extension of the client’s (i.e. your) home team. If this is the case, be sure to clarify the minimum engagement period and other terms and conditions that would guide your long-term collaboration.
- Which technologies do they use and why? Enterprise software companies tend to specialize in one or two technology stacks, however, most of them are open to adopting the client’s choice.
- Are they open to exploring other technologies that may be better suited to your requirement? This will tell you than whether you’d be able to develop the solution on your preferred tech stack. The partner’s openness to exploring new avenues towards your common goal is a great sign of flexibility - the prerequisite for successful project completion.
- What is their preferred development method? Most companies embrace Agile, but it is on you to decide which development methodology is best suited to your organization.
- What are their preferred project management tools? Project management tools are extremely helpful in keeping the teams of track, documenting changing requirements and giving overall transparency over the project.
- How diligent and transparent have they been in their communication with you? This is a sign of what is to come. If they are organized and effective in their communication, you can expect the trend to carry through the development of your project.
- Have they given you a sense of structure during your initial communication? This question will give you insight into their organizational dynamics which are inevitably going to come into play if you decide to collaborate. Try to assess how well each member has lived up to their role, how organized their communication practices have been, how prepared they have been during your meetings, etc.
- Have they had experience developing enterprise solutions in your sector? Have they developed enterprise solutions similar to yours? Past experience could potentially accelerate the development as they wouldn’t need as much time to build domain knowledge.
- Who are their references? How many of them are international clients?
- What do their references have to say?